Monday, August 1, 2011

Biggest Loser Update

You all have until the end of today to let me know if you'd like to join (5) ladies so far that are participating in the Friendshipology Blog's Biggest Loser Contest.

To join, call or email me and let me know your starting weight - don't forget, this is on the Honor System, ladies :) Then, try to get me your $25 registration fee in as soon as possible.  I will be out of town from Thursday on, but you can always get it to my hubby, Ryan, as well.

Here's the link to the original rules:

http://friendshipology.blogspot.com/2011/07/friendship-ology-biggest-loser-rules.html

Don't forget to eat small, healthy meals throughout the day - don't skip meals or starve yourself - that will be counter-productive as your body will retain more fat in starvation mode.  Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water - I set my goal to 5 large plastic cups of water a day, adding 3 cups for every 1 hour of exercise I do.  I shoot for 5 days of exercise a day... at least 3 days of vigorous exercise.  The benefits of walking for 30 min. a day are tremendous, so if you don't like high-impact stuff, get together with another lady and walk, walk, walk!  (It always helps to have a partner).

The idea is for us to get healthy, not just lose weight... weight is calculated for % of total body weight lost.. not by pounds lost alone. :)

Lots of  luck and love!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about this! I don't have a gym membership but my sister-in-law and I are walking every morning at 6. If anyone wants to join us they can! Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete