Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Just a thought....



This could be a quote that defines much of how I viewed myself in the past, and therefore, directed (or misdirected) my interactions with others.

How many moments did I miss because of it?  

How many new friends did I not find when thinking it?
  
How much time wasted believing it?

I hope that each of us gets to know one another through the interactions posted on this blog and other activities as well.  Our El Tenampa GNO was awesome - we ate, we talked, we cried a little, we shared stories & testimony, we laughed.  I could not think of a better way to spend that night than surrounded by the beautiful, spiritual, engaging ladies I had a chance to visit with that Tuesday evening.

When I moved to this area, I was nervous about making friends. There was always this little "voice" that said I didn't have anything to give - nothing worth saying (although I usually say it anyway ;) - and that I should just sit back and wait for the "right time" to put myself out there.  

In the end, it felt lonely.  I figured - what exactly is stopping me from reaching out, saying hello, making a few new friends? I found my answer to that inner question ran along these lines: sometimes we forget that we could be a great blessing in someone else's life and never even know it.  If we don't put ourselves in a position to let others in, then we may always leave ourselves in a position to feel alone and misunderstood.  We may leave others feeling the same way, too.

I am a better daughter of God, wife, mother, friend, Latter-Day Saint, and person in general when I find the time to enjoy the sisterhood in my ward.  When I stop thinking, "They won't want me to come," and say, "I can't wait to laugh and smile and be uplifted by joining them!"  Whether you are in need of friendship (because who isn't, right?!) or you have so much wonderful friendship to give - you are welcome at every activity we post.  

Please come.  We want to see your pretty faces and to know that you are loved ~ and the love you have to give is ready to be received by others, whether they know they need it yet or not.

I know our lives are busy and demanding.  Our schedules are hectic, our families need us.  But when you feel that one spot open up in your calendar, and you ask yourself, "Should I go?"  Let the answer be "Yes!"  You will not regret it.  You have so much to add to the group!  Never forget it.


No comments:

Post a Comment